Whether you have a specific design in mind or just an idea, a commission begins with an informal chat to discuss your vision.
We look at where the piece will be situated, its purpose, dimensions etc. Then choose materials and create a concept for the design.
Following the consultation, a design is drawn up with options and possible variations. Once you are satisfied with the design,
an itemised quote is submitted along with an estimated production time. As every piece is made to order, please allow a reasonable time.
For orders under £300, the full amount is due prior to commencement. For orders over £300, a 60% deposit is due to secure your commission.
If not already in stock, materials are ordered and solid wood is acclimatised before it can be worked to avoid any unwanted movement.
During the build, you will be kept up to date with progress and are welcome to visit the workshop any time.
When the piece is almost finished, A delivery date and time will be arranged.
Prior to delivery, any remaining balance is due.
If you are interested in commissioning a piece or a larger scale project, please get in touch.
Delivery within 30 miles of the workshop is free. Up to 100 miles, delivery is £60. Out with this, delivery charges will be calculated depending on distance. A courier may be used for smaller pieces or long distances. In this case, furniture will be securely packaged in a wooden crate. Customised charges will apply.
Overseas delivery is also available.
1. A free service period of one year is offered on all products and commissions. After which, repair and travel costs will apply.
Repairs to damage caused by the customer will incur costs from the day of delivery.
2. Solid wood is a natural material and will differ in tone, grain etc. Knots and other "imperfections" are also characteristics which may not be subject to repair.
1. Furniture must be positioned away from direct sources of heat such as open fires, stoves and radiators.
2. Furniture should be kept away from direct sunlight to avoid discolouration.
3. Solid wood continues to "breathe" with the seasons. It will expand in the summer and contract in the winter. The temperature and humidity of the room should be kept stable to avoid unwanted movement and stresses in the wood.
4. A durable finish will have been applied to your furniture, however, spillages should be be wiped up as soon as possible to avoid leaving marks. Particularly, liquids containing alcohol or other acidic substances will damage the surface of the wood.
5. Dust should be removed with a natural hair brush or dry cloth.
6. Specific info will be given on the finish used but an occasional application of a natural furniture wax will help to preserve the existing finish.